Congratulations, you’ve successfully recruited yourself!
With Express growing in Australia and New Zealand, we’re looking for the best recruitment professionals to run their own Express franchises.
Of course you’ve got questions.
Here are answers to 10 of the most pressing questions we get asked about our franchises.
1. How fast can I get up and running?
After signing your franchise agreement, it takes a minimum of 12 weeks to get your office ready for opening. A dedicated pre-opening coordinator will support you every step of the way, from signing, through to your Grand Opening Day.
2. What if I have a non-compete agreement?
Non-compete agreements are often limited to industry sectors, geography and time periods so check the details of your non-compete to see if it extends to an Express business in your preferred territory(s). Often non-compete agreements can be deemed unlawful and therefore unenforceable if they go beyond what is reasonably necessary to protect a business’s interests and impact on your ability to earn a living using your skills specific to the recruitment industry. We suggest seeking legal advice if you are unsure on your specific restrictions.
3. How do you help protect me from risks?
Aside from a fully-funded payroll processed by payroll experts, our systems, software and head office support team also help you manage compliance with minimum wage obligations, OH&S and insurance.
4. What kind of tech will I have to support me?
Nothing but best-of-breed technology, including fully integrated recruitment tech platforms such as FastTrack 360, OnBoarded and Ratescalc, plus Salesforce Social Studio.
5. What financial investment do I need to make?
We offer finance to recruiters with the right experience and track record. Your total investment starts at $196k minimum, broken down into three buckets:
- Franchise fee ($70k plus GST) – this is paid once you sign the franchise agreement and is the only amount you pay to the franchisor to buy your territory. We have an incentive in place right now which is 50% off the franchise fee until 31/12/2021 (conditions apply).
- Fit out costs – this goes into setting up your office location, signage, equipment etc., which we help you organise. Your funds need to be available when you get to this stage.
- Working capital – you will be required to have nine months’ working capital to cover your operating expenses while you get your business up and running.
6. What if I don’t have experience in the temporary staffing industry?
Not a problem. Over 95% of our franchisees joined Express with little or no staffing experience. Our systems, operations manuals and comprehensive training cover all you need to know.
7. Are there benefits if I do have experience in temporary staffing?
Yes. After your initial investment, experienced recruiters can take advantage of “Bridge to Ownership”, where Express offers up to $335,000 funding in the first three years if you meet the criteria.
8. How much training will I get?
You’ll receive comprehensive business training and materials. We start with two weeks of intensive training in Sydney, followed by a third week of on-the-job training and then hyper-focused business coaching with a dedicated rep for your first 26 weeks of operation. But it doesn’t stop there. Ongoing learning is available through Express University. (Our franchisees gave us a 98% satisfaction rating for our training in 2020.)
9. How else will you help me in my franchise?
Express have a network of support that we provide to our franchisees in the form of day-to-day operational support and business reviews including:
- Back-office – we handle all payroll and invoicing on behalf of the franchisee;
- Global and local teams – access a global support staff of 300 professionals based in the US, as well as your dedicated Sydney head office support team;
- Sales and marketing – significant branded collateral and customisable campaign and marketing materials (most of which are paid for in your initial franchise fee);
- Social media – calendars, content and first-class social media management tools along with the training to use them;
- Business data lists – free lead generation data lists to help you target your initial customer base and assist with your sales and business development; and
- Business support – significant staffing and legal consultation available.
10. Show me the money: why should I believe this model works?
- The average new owner in the US and Canada generates annual revenue of $940,994 USD by their 12th month of operation and $2,023,533 USD by their 24th month of operation.*
- Mature offices average over $5.4 million USD in annual sales, with an annual gross margin over $1 million USD.*
- Express franchisees paid an effective royalty of just 8% in 2020.
*According to Item 19 in the Franchise Disclosure Document.
**Note that figures above represent revenues of franchisees operating under similar (but not the same) franchise agreements. They are not intended to reflect your potential earnings in Australia or New Zealand.
Feeling more informed?
Fill out the short form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any outstanding queries.
Do it soon, you don’t want your ideal territory to get snapped up by someone else, and you also don’t want to miss out on the 50% off franchise fee incentive.
Ready to Learn More About Express Franchising In Your Community?
Complete our short form and a Franchise Representative will be in contact with you soon.