Do you insist on excellence? Our track record makes us the best staffing franchise for you.
Driven to succeed from day one.
William H. Stoller and Robert A. Funk founded Express Employment Professionals in 1983 and began franchising two years later. With 800+ locations throughout the U.S, Canada, and South Africa, we are the #1 flexible staffing franchise for people, communities, and businesses.
“I am humbled by what we’ve accomplished together… putting people to work, giving them purpose, providing hope.”
Robert A. Funk, Founder & President of Express Employment Professionals
From a humble storefront in Spokane, Washington to more than 800 global locations, we know that hard work earns great rewards.
David Reiff, a Spokane accountant, buys the struggling Acme Personnel Services and enlists his son’s help turn it around.
Robert Funk and Bill Stoller transform Acme into Express Temporary Services with 8 offices across OK, OR and CO.
Committed to growth despite the recession, Express starts franchising as Express Personnel Services.
Express awards their 500th franchise and helped a record 300,000 employees find work.
Express celebrates 25 years of success and rebrands as Express Employment Professionals to better reflect their range of offerings.
Staffing Industry Analysts ranks Express the #1 industrial staffing provider as well as the fastest growing major staffing company.
Express has 800+ franchise locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa.
ClearlyRated honors Express with “Best of Staffing: Client” and “Best of Staffing: Talent” awards.
On a roll: Express is named the #1 Staffing Franchise by Entrepreneur for 9 consecutive years.
Express Acquires Frontline Recruitment Group.
Driven by 40+ years of experience and expertise.
William H. Stoller
Founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board
William H. Stoller is Founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board of Express Employment Professionals. Prior to co-founding Express, Stoller began his career with Acme Personnel Services in 1973 as a placement consultant and subsequently held positions as branch manager, group manager, district manager and regional manager for Oregon and Utah. Stoller is president of The Stoller Group, owning 27 Express offices in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado. He also owns Xenium, a professional employer organization as well as the Stoller Family Estate and Chehalem Winery and Vineyard, both located in Oregon.
Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Board of Advisors, Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, 2018-Present
- Leadership Award Honoree, The Oklahoman’s Top Workplaces, 2018
- National Association of Personnel Services, Hall of Fame Inductee, 2011
- American Staffing Association, past board member and 2009 Chairman
- National Association of Personnel Services, past board member and 2001 Chair
- National Association of Professional Employer Organizations, Member
- International Franchise Association, Member
- Oregon Association of Personnel Consultants, Past President
- World Presidents’ Organization, former Oregon Chapter Chair
- A-dec Advisory, board member
- Pacific University Board of Trustees, Member and Past Chairman
- Rotary Club of Portland, Member since 1977 and Past President
Education and Certifications
- Associate of Arts, Lower Columbia College
- Bachelor of Business and Economics, Pacific University
- Master of Business Administration, Portland State University
- Certified Staffing Professional, American Staffing Association
- Certified Personnel Consultant, National Association of Personnel Services
- Certified Franchise Executive, International Franchise Association
Robert A. Funk
Founder, President, and Vice Chairman of the Board
Robert A. Funk is Founder, President, and Vice Chairman of the Board of Express Employment Professionals. Prior to co-founding Express, Funk gained experience with Acme Personnel Services, beginning as a personnel consultant, then climbing the ranks to vice president. Funk graduated from Seattle Pacific University (SPU) with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and theology. He continued his graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, and received a Master of Arts from SPU. He holds three honorary degrees: an honorary Doctor of Public Service from his alma mater awarded in 1995; an honorary Doctor of Law presented by Oklahoma Baptist University in 2000; and an honorary Doctor of Law presented by Southern Nazarene University in 2001. An avid outdoorsman, in his spare time Funk stays active with both Express Ranches and The Express Clydesdales and is an ardent supporter of agriculture and career technical education.
Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame Inductee, 2017
- Staffing 100 Hall of Fame, Staffing Industry Review, 2017
- Impact OKC, Man of the Year, 2015
- Oklahoma State University Division of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources Champion Award, 2014
- Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI) Hall of Fame Inductee
- International Franchise Association Hall of Fame, 2010
- Chairman of the Conference of Chairmen, Federal Reserve Bank System, 2007
- Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, serving the Tenth District, 2006-2007
- International Franchising Association (IFA), Board Member
- IFA Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees
- IFA Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2000
- Sales and Marketing Executives International, Board of Trustees and Charter Honoree
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Board Member and Past Chairman
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber, Board Member and Past Chairman
- Oklahoma Youth Expo, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU), Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Business Affairs Committee at OBU, Past Chairman
- President’s Council at OBU, Lifetime Member
- Oklahoma Christian University of Science and Arts, Business Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Independent College Foundation, Board Member
- Allied Arts Circle Club, Member
- Prix de West Society, Past Chairman of the Awards Committee
- The University of Edinburgh’s James Clerk Maxwell Patron’s Club, Member